Slider

Fall dinners

Wednesday, October 19, 2011


This Holiday Recipe Exchange is giving me such great inspitation in the kitchen!(too bad I missed posting this one in time to be enetred for teh prize) After apple picking at the end of September I had 10lbs of apples in my kitchen and wanted to do more than make muffins and apple crisp. I had some pork chops in the fridge and out came this dish.



Braised Apple Walnut Pork


Prep time: 15 minutes

Cook time: 45-50 minutes
Total time: 50-65 minutes
Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients
6 Porkloin Chops
8 Celery stalks, chopped
1 small Yellow onion, diced
2 cups No sugar added apple juice
3 medium Apples, sliced with skin on (I used Paula Red and Cortland)
1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped
1 cup Cranberries, frozen
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp fennel seeds
salt and pepper

Cooking Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

In the bottom of a dutch oven heat 1 tbsp of olive oil. Season the porkchops with salt and pepper and brown them on each side (be careful not to cook the pork through), remove the chops from the pan and set aside.

Add the onion and celery and saute for 3-5 minutes. Add the pork back to the pan and add the apple juice. Cover and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Add the apples, cover and return to the oven and cook for another 20-25 minutes.

Remove from the oven and set the dish on an oven burner over medium heat. Remove pork from the dish and bring the sauce to a boil, add the cranberries. Dissolve the cornstarch in cold water and add to sauce. Cook until thickened. Add the fennel seeds and walnuts, season to taste with salt and pepper.

Serve the porkchops and sauce with brown rice. Enjoy!

This week is a slow cooker meal and I have plenty of those... I need to cook and post by Friday, I just hope I manage to get it done!



No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan