Slider

A Rootin' Tootin' Nice Dress!

Thursday, July 4, 2013

A while back I found an imagine on Pinterest of a shirred sundress using western prints. I LOVED the fabric combinations. Naturally I searched high and low and could not find the fabrics that were in the original dress, however I think I found something better! I love a nice vintage inspired print. Micheal Miller's Lil' Cowgirl Blue was too cute to resist. I found two prints to coordinate (Seriously...cow print is just adorable!) and the fabric has been sitting in my stash for a few months.

A vintage filter just adds a little something to this!
I couldn't decide what type of dress to make. I stay away from shirring because my first couple of attempts just didn't turn out well. I ended up taking a few of my favorite dresses and come up with my own pattern (I'm sure there is something out there just like this if you wanted to look). I will post a tutorial as soon as I have more pictures of the process. But for now..here is my dress!

Dancing at the ball
I made a size 3 so it is a little big for her at the moment but I like to get as much wear out of outfits I make as possible. It fits now (with a little room) but it will fit perfectly in the next few months. This will be beyond cute in the fall with a little shirt under it. Oh Aunt Rylee!! We need cowboy boots!  Hook us up from Nashville :)


Yes, that is a Jessie (Toy Story) clip! You can got one of your own from Grasshopper Kids Creations (you can also buy the dress there too *wink,  wink*)

Enough Mom! (Two seconds later she was saying CHEESE!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan